zaterdag 20 april 2013

Let there be a game without rules

By Neslihan
I feel like I'm becoming more consistent on this blog. As if I've reached my temporary destination. Notice how I consciously said 'temporary' as I don't believe a person can have ONE eternal style, unless your name is Anna Piaggi, Karl Lagerfeld or Rei Kawakubo. Unless you've become a cult figure. But I do believe one has a thing in his/her outfit that keeps on appearing. My thing for example is this sort of uncoordinated childishness, that laid-backness and tamed quirkiness. Lately I've been obsessing over a pair of sporty trainers (see previous post) and I discovered they really are versatile. You just have to think out of the box and experiment because the new casualness demands a dash of sportiness. And you choose how to fill that up; whether it's a pair of trainers or a T-shirt, anything goes. It creates this amazing clash between the chic and the sportiness. As if you're saying: "Hey, lighten up, it's only fashion." Just the way I like it.


And that easy laid-backness is exactly what I found in Ashish Gupta's S/S '13 collection. He translated lazy quirkiness into grey sweaters, sweat pants, white trainers, oversized withe shirts and lots of denim. But he also added some tule and glitters to make the totality look a little feminine. Maybe 'feminine' isn't the right word though, maybe I should've said 'girly' because the models remined me of rebellious school girls, you know the kind that leads a whole army of girls and smokes in front of the school gate . Her hair looks messy but she works it anyway. She's effortless, as the unbuttoned shirts are telling us, she's playful but above all she's a ruler.

Moschino Cheap and Chic's collection on the other hand had this childish naiveté with a sparkle of classiness. There were pineapple prints, bright pinks, shiny embellishment and sky high platforms but there was this kind of sporty balance, hence the trainers, the see-through tracksuit and the fishnet shirts. I love how the trainers break the elegance in the last outfit but also how they contribute to this classy, nerdy style. Can we also take a minute to admire that pineapple-shaped bag? This collection is very 'Lolita meets tomboy' but the emphasis lies on 'Lolita' of course. 
DO IT YOURSELF!
with polyvore




First look: Sophisticated Chav
Top: Nike
Skirt: Milly 
Gold chain necklace: Ben Amun
Trainers: Reebok 
Second look: Bohemian Gypsy
Top: Nike
Pants: Zara
Shoes: Paul Smith
Third look: Lucy Loves Gardening
Top: Nike
Overalls: unknown
Glasses: Gant
Clogs: Sweedish Hasbeens







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!