woensdag 26 februari 2014

The only way is up

By Neslihan

When I decided to blog today I thought I'd write something profound, something that keeps me busy. Something that frustrates me perhaps. I was determined to plunge into the deepest corners of my narcissistic soul but when I finally logged in I felt no urge to be connected to my negativity. I live in my mind and the activity never stops. It feels like I always have to move forward and when I don't it feels like a day not lived. But today I decided to keep myself busy with shallowness. I just wanna think something is pretty without having to justify it. Because not everyting in life is rocket science.

Renewed basics



Chique T-shirt: it's the easiest match with your pair of leather leggings or high-waist skirt. You can tuck it in or create boxy minimalistic silhouettes. It is completely up to you. But whatever you do, go for soft materials and dreamy digital prints.

Sophisticated sweater: why make things complicated if you can have it the easy way? Sweaters are for lazy days full of selfdoubt. It's okay to have coffee stains on it because although this says 'sophisticated', sophistication is the last thing on your mind.

Shop: http://fr.sandro-paris.com/



Shimmery cropped top: sport your unflat belly as much as you need to. It's not about shaming you, it's about shaming them who say you can't. That being said, I think this is the most perfect piece of garment I've seen over the past months. It's chique, it's quirky, it's girly. It has all the elments for the perfect babylicious outfit.

New white shirt: it's immortal, it's iconic and it's everything you want it to be. Sexy in 'Basic Instinct' but ridiculosly tomboyish in 'Pulp Fiction'. It's the most flexible clothing piece ever. You can't be underdressed, nor overdressed. It's a statement on its own. And from now on it's a polo, all buttoned up and see-through at the top.

Shop: http://www.zara.com/


Colour-blocking in 2014: it's not about screamy fluorescents anymore. It's about modesty and class. It's about playfulness but with the needed limits. And although it seems chaotic, there is a certain structure in its fit, design and lines. Sir Paul Smith always knows how to win my heart.

Classic black top: there is nothing as liberating as a basic black top. It seriously goes with everything. I like to pair it up with a pair of faded black jeans to get those minimalistic 90's vibes (favourite fashion decade ever). But this one doesn't only have the perfect fit but it's also the most flattering cropped top ever. Not to mention the perfect neck line.

Shops: 
http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/ (on the left)
http://www.net-a-porter.com/Shop/Designers/Stella_McCartney/Clothing?level3Filter=&pn=1&npp=60&image_view=product&dScroll=0 (on the right)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!