vrijdag 21 maart 2014

S-T-R-A-P-P-E-D

By Neslihan

CAN I GET AN AMEN FOR LENA DUNHAM'S PERFORMANCE IN THE 'ROLE PLAY' EPISODE? Not only was she hilarious but she was also amazingly brave for putting on that bondage themed playsuit. She gave it a playful Hannah twist though as she paired it up with a blue pair of cute cotton panties. It's not the first episode in which she fysically disarms herself because she recently did the same thing in the 'Beach House' episode when she wore a bikini during the whole episode. And I admire her for that 'cause I believe she brings a whole new level of body positivity into the business. She's not a size 0, nor a size 4 yet she manages to feel comfortable taking her clothes off on screen. Not that I'm saying she shouldn't but it must be very confronting at the moment because it's all about exposing your vulnerability to strangers who are watching the series but also to your co-workers who are on the set with you. And that's why the award for 'Best Guts' goes to Lena Dunham. You just can tell she doesn't give a f*ck about comformism and she will keep on flashing her boobs and ass on HBO. And I can only support that since we need more realistic role models.

But her playsuit also reminded me of those Nobuyoshi Araki bondage photos:




Try it at home:



Eventhough Agent Provocateur and La Fille d'O have playsuits that are slightly more edgy and daring, I'd go for the grey lace playsuit because it cheaper but also a little more classy and elegant. But if I had the money I'd just buy 'em all.

Which one would you wear?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!