donderdag 26 juni 2014

Armed with a handbag

By Neslihan

Today I woke up, watched the final 2 episodes of American Horror Story and realized that it's about time I pay a visit to my own blog instead of gushing about someone else's. My last exam was on the 19th of June and I have been watching series and creating collages eversince. My mind is being invaded by beautiful collections, accessories, movies and ART in short. Now I'm realizing that I have a big fat 2.5 month vacation ahead of me, I'm kind of panicking because I'm an enormous workaholic. I constantly want to be busy and see, learn, feel new things. I'm telling you, I've been making lists of movies I should watch and books I should read and topics I should blog about. I constantly have to feel pressure because my life kind of feels empty without it. I know this sounds crazy but I have been trying to slow down lately. That kind of explains my lack of lust for blogging lately. Everytime I started blogging I felt like the thing I was writing wasn't significant enough, so I stopped and have now stored 3-4 unfinished blogposts in my concepts draft. I'm so terribly sorry (I don't really mean it though) but it just didn't feel right. So I'm picking up the pieces once again (OMG why so D R A M A T I C) and reviving this self-proclaimed fashion blog.

First up: Versace Galore


It has actually been quite a while since I've posted anything that was 'catwalk material' but I guess I had lost my interest in that side of fashion until this Versace collection popped up and restored my faith in the fashion gods. I like how Donatella and her fashion brand are always balancing between vulgarity, bad taste, Italian quirkiness and craftsmanship. The Spring 2015 collection is cool as ice and sleek like a motherfucker. It drifts somewhere inbetween flawless manly silhouettes and elegant femininity. That remark comes from a stereotypical perception of masculinity and femininity of course but before I enter the debate on gender roles, I'd like to finish this vain attempt to a -what's called 'fashion review' in the fashionable mouths of the beau monde. I love how Donatella has created those unicolour outfits, which don't only look chiquer but also richer. As in richer colours, fabrics and postures. I like the beige and cold grey together (4th picture) and I adore how she paired up an outfit like this with freakin' sandals. It's as if she is showing us the new business man, who doesn't take himself that serious. Someone who's ready to pop in funky pinks, soft minimalistic blues and shiny beiges. He isn't afraid of wearing handbags and accentuating his waist. Wait, I think I'm creating this amazing utopia in which everyone creates her/his own (fashion) identity without being told that something looks too manly or girly for him/her.


If 'Scarface' were to have a 2014 remake and I were to be the stylist, I'd put every single actor in a summer '15 Versace outfit because 'Scarface' means power, luxury, refinement and bling and I'm afraid Versace has all of it to offer, including the handbags. I had enough of the stiff and macho definition of 'masculinity', enter loafers, chinos, shiny fabrics and flexible gender lingo.





Second Focus: Wishlist


Left: I got this baby for my birthday. I first fell for its plexi handles, then obsessed over the baby blue colour. It's really everything I've been looking for in a bag. It's big enough to hide all my books and sheets of paper but it's not only functional. It also lives up to my aesthetics with its minimalistic design and quirky feel. This bag really has everything I've ever desired.

Right: eventhough this bag is really similar to the left one (colour wise), it's chiquer and has a tat more sofistication. It's the kind of bag you take to a dinner party but that colour really softens the powerful look.


Left: I'm looking for comfortable yet elegant flats and those baby blue pointy flats look really cut for that role. I like its naivité and the little bow tie detail. How cute does that look? They look like the kind of flats you wear to pimp an outfit with. Imagine a simple minimalistic grey outfit with those babies. Perfect, right?

Right: since I like to have more than one option, I selected this pair too. I love shiny metalics and elegant straps, so as a natural result I love, loven love this pair. Very cocktail dress worthy.

Source: Everything Zara

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!