zaterdag 16 maart 2013

Inspo: Eastern nights

By Neslihan
First of all, I'm sorry for the lack of posting. It's not gonna get any better, and I'm sorry for that too. I'm drowning in work and when I'm not, I'm relaxing while watching my favourite series in my huge sweater. Or I'm being down on Lana Del Rey (this sounds so wrong, but whtvr) and my Lana Del Rey expressions are getting better, I assure you. I've got tons and tons of selfpics on which I'm being like flawlessly unhappy. I guess I've accomplished my mission.
But there's something I'm stressing about: we got this '100 DAYS' thing at our high school, which basically means we're celebrating the last 100 days of high school. And in order to do so we dress up according to a theme (it's 60's this year) and we put together a show for lower year students. The 60's are a pure blessing for every fashion lover, like seriously but there's so much to pick from. I feel like I'm being overwhelmed with hundreds and hundreds of icons imposing their style on me and I don't know whom to choose. It feels a little frustrating. That's why I've created a collage. I'm trying to get it structured and pick out which style fits me the best.

1)This dress is probably the most amazing thing I've seen lately (here)
2)Elizabeth Taylor in 'Cleopatra' (1963)
3)Chanel Paris-Bombay Pre Fall (2012)
4)Songul Cebaci look from her A/W 2013 show during Istanbul Fashion Week
5)No print screams 60's like a paisley print
6)90's galore with Gwen Stefani, in love with her bindi look
7)Arabic writing: 'Ishq' meaning 'love'
8)Abbie Hoffman quote, a bit overrated maybe but true in a way

Sophia Loren and I have the same haircut (straight bangs). The only thing I'm sure about is using fuck loads of eyeliner and fake eyelashes.
Jane Birkin has got straight bangs too and eventhough I love her style, I think it's a bit too casual for that day.

I'M SORRY FOR THE RAMBLING POST. IT WILL GET BETTER. SOMEDAY.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!