zondag 3 maart 2013

τὰ πάντα ῥεῖ καὶ οὐδὲν μένει

By Neslihan
skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip-skip
OMGZ U GUYZ IVE GOTZ SO MUCH TO DO
AND SO LIL TIME 2 BLAWG
It's the typical blogger talk, blogs are made for complaining, so what's the fuzz? We're not saving the world, we just trend volatile stuff and hop to the next big thing. Please do read those previous lines with the required irony because I try to trend as little as possible. I try to register the things I like, you know, creating this archive for myself. And if you're willing to read my bs, then I'm more than humbled, dear reader. So yeah, things are quite wild at the moment, I've got a lot of deadlines for school that I have to meet. But I'm keeping calm, since that's only the way I'll make it to the end of this schoolyear. I realize I sound a little negative but that's because of the lack of sleep. Yesterday was my friend's birthday (happy birthday, J! 11th time already!) and we went out to get some drinks. I really had the best time and at a certain moment I wanted to stop time and step out of my body and look at us. Just look and let the moment last a little longer. Don't you love being a teenager? One moment the whole world stops turning and you're just indifferent about the things around you and then life sucks you back into the moment. I feel like I'm still going through those extreme moodswings. And I don't have to justify myself for it. Cuz I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby (I just had to)! I guess what I'm trying to say is that time does go by really fast and things don't stay as they are now. I mean if I compare myself to the person I was 6 years ago, I wouldn't recognize myself. Even if I'd compare myself to the person I was a year ago. I know this sounds a little drastic but a lot can change in a year. The people you hang out with, the way you perceive things, the way you look at some people. Things that dawn, just like that and you see the importance of some things, some poeple in life. I guess I'm having a profound personal moment here. The title remains a mystery until I feel ready to reveal my initial plan with you.

read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read-read
Meet Andrea Dezso, a Transylvanian-born artist who embroiders the most spectacular scenes. Embroidery sounds really boring and dusty but look what she does with it. The embroidery above is from the 'Lessons from my mother' series. In this series she embroiders a couple of her mother's sayings that are based on superstition or old Transylvanian sayings and legends. This creates sometimes funny and sometimes surrealistically weird effects. This also reminded me of a couple of Turkish sayings (based on superstition):
1)Wash your face in the morning or else the devil will wash it with his pee 
(I ALWAYS wash my face in the morning 'cause ew, no.)
2)Don't cut your nails when it's night
3)Don't go to bed crying because this delights the devil
 4)Wear slippers indoor because the cold floor will leave you infertile
5)Never spoil your last bite because your food will cry after you

Visit her site for her other artworks: http://andreadezso.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!