zondag 4 augustus 2013






trag·e·dy 



[traj-i-dee]  

 







   

noun, plural trag·e·dies

Have you ever asked yourself what life would be like without the unexpected drama along our road? Neither did I but admit it, it would be a hell of a boring life. And I'm sorry if you're encounting drama at this very own moment but this is the plain truth. You've got to go through a pile of shit first to appreciate your layer of dust. And that's what they call a tragedy. Someone who has it all but one single default holds back our hero/heroine to be. All those qualities to be the greatest but this -almost deified- person chooses to go his own way. And that's what I like about Greek tragedies: all those heroes who sin when they actually try to avoid to anger the gods. It's human nature I guess, to do whatever the fuck you want to do. And it might look illogical and stupid but at that moment, at that place it is the most natural thing to do. People in our modern times have kind of created this 'I am the creator of my own destiny' kind of philosophy. And I absolutely encourage that even though it makes it harder to point fingers at someone else afterwards because all responsibility rests on your own shoulders. And at times it makes it really difficult to accept your own tragedy and those are serious life lessons. I'm not going to preach though because this was initially meant as an easy post. And besides that, what do I know about 'Life', right? I'm only 19 summers young and unexperienced and at the edge of making the biggest mistakes of my life. 
I guess what I've really asked myself was: "What if everyone was happy, where would we all stand now?" I guess if there weren't any troubled artists like Bukowski, Hemmingway, Kahlo, Arbus, Winehouse etc. there also wouldn't be books, paintings, pictures or songs full of agony and darkness. That's why I too have concluded that happy people don't write or draw or dig deeper into their own souls to shamelessly expose themselves. Happiness is safety and I guess those are not the kind of books we want to read. We want heartbreaking tragedies that cut in our flesh and leave us restless. The stories that don't leave us that easily. Some things do leave a mark for life and this shapes you or even molds you into the person you become. The greater choice does lie in your hands but some things are uncontrolable, whether we like it or not. Call it Destiny, Karma or God, I believe something is out there, as strongly as I believe that I am the Creator of my own destiny.
Yours sincerely,
Neslihan

Collage info:
1) Creepy figure by Maria Rubinke
2) Dita von Teese in Christian Lacroix (BURY ME IN THIS PLEEZ. OR BURY ME IN COMME DES GARCONS. THANQ.)
3) Amazing dress found on tumblr, source unknown
4) Have a glamourous suicide, found on tumblr, source unknown
5) "The Waqwaq tree has fruit in the form of human figures"
6) "Oh Lucifer, please take my hand", found on tumblr, source unknown
7) A still from 'Pulp Fiction', Uma Thurman, (GORGEOUS 90'S BABE)
8) "I am the designer of my own catastrophy", light art, found on tumblr, source unknown
9) Virgin Mary and sweet baby Jesus, faceless, found on tumblr, source unknown
10) Crushin a strawberry, Olivia Locher - Another Day on Earth 




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!