vrijdag 2 augustus 2013

Some girls, some shoes

Heya,
I'm seriously balancing between 'omg, I got a genius subject to blog about' and 'nah, mojo too low, bish'. I've been working my ass off the last couple of weeks. I'm not complaining though because the cash is more than welcome since my wish list got a tatsy longer. I start at six AM and I leave my work at three PM, amazed by another heat wave that meets me outside. I am not kidding you, I'm gobsmacked when I'm welcomed by the tropical temperatures when leaving my work place. You can't have a good hairday when it 30 degrees cuz I got really, really thick black hair and it attracts the sun like crazy. Natural result? I sweat my ass off and keep my hair in a sloppy bun/braid. I have given up satin like fabrics and embraced cotton, cotton, cotton! I've invested in a hell of basics lately cuz I can't handle synthetic, no sweat-absorbing fabrics right now. But enough about me, for now at least. 'Gotta wake up this fashion cemetry' PART 256304. I'm just not the regular blogger and you are not the regular visitor. But it's okay, we get along just fine.
Here a collage to represent my current mood. I begin to feel like teenager years are the golden years lately because it's an inbetweener thing. You're not completely mature but you're definitely not a child anymore. It's about becoming a lady without deserting your inner rebel. That's also what your outfit is sporting but you don't mind cuz it feels natural as you combine your ripped 90's jeans with your crispy white shirt. You don't forget to put on your favourite nike trainers and kick the day like you did back in high school. It's all about mixing and matching, there are no rules and the boundaries between ages are becoming vaguer each season and that's just something to like cuz dressing up like a 18 year old aint a shame no more when you're 28. And the other way around is possible aswell.
Sunset has turned me in a true melancholic and I don't mind because I feel like daydreaming and painting hearts on my chest as I run through Vogue Paris and sip a little of my café frappé. It's all about feeling like an adult when you put on those high heels and feeling like a teen when you have to cook your own meal. "Hey, I'm tired! Mom? Anyone?" Since I live on my own, I'm left to my own destiny (read: non-existing cooking skills) and I've been living on pasta pesto and salmon for the first couple of months but I literally started to sweat pesto and got sick of it. So now I'm trying to survive on american cookies as I'm checking out new and easy recipes. And it feels like life has only started, which is bullocks of course but hey, you do get the point. So I too am balancing between being an understanding adult and a quirky (is it even okay to say that about yourself? cares) 19-year old.
And those girls have that kind of vibe. They look innocent yet naughty, pretty yet unsophisticated, girly but not yet womanly. And that's what I like. They represent that careless feel and they look really confident while doing so. So why does everyone keep on saying that teen gurlz dont luk confident, omg? Tavi sure is the C in 'confident'. Look at that sassy look, as if she could handle the world. And I just love Léa Seydoux's hair (right above). Dye your hair in rainbow shades while you still can. This girl rocks all colours ---> INSPO! 

And what's better than a pair of shoes to feed your unsatisfiable teen soul? Feed your lust at Dr. Martens dot com. Those babies are on sale and I just love 'em. They're summery, flowery and very girly yet they're kick ass Martens, what else does a teen girl desire? 


The first two pair are only £45!!! The last pair is even cheaper: £40!
Thanks for reading my rambling post and enjoy your pretty evening.
Neslihan

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!