vrijdag 24 februari 2012

Wedding outfit dilemma

I might have told you guys that I love weddings: the music, the dancing (I don't dance, I only watch people dance), the wedding gown, the joy, the outfit criticizing. I mean lots of stuff I like about weddings but there's always one dilemma: my own outfit. Because you see: the Turkish weddings I go to do not have a dress code or actually they do but it's an unwritten one. The more glitter, the sexier, the showier and the better of course. Or that's what counts in my family. Blue, red, pink and lots of body glitter can turn this wedding into an unforgettable happening. It actually kind of looks like prom: all those people wearing colourful ball gowns with sparkles, layers and feathers. And volume, oh lord, lots of volume. It becomes a game actually. Who looks the most ridiculous? A game I don't dare to play because there's a huge risk at failing. So that's why I want to keep it 'simple' and very moi. I want to wear something I really like, something that defines me. I like prints. Stars ( praise Dolce & Gabbana), polkadots, stripes, birds, palm trees ( praise Maarten van der Horst), galaxy (Oh C. Kane, I love you) and last but most definitely not least, flower power! I have been obsessed with this print last summer. I went for the sweet farm girl edition and this print was just everywhere. I've worn it, breathed it and eaten it. This winter though I was sick of it. I mean I had seen it all or that was what I thought until Dries van Noten walked in to the room with a new version of this divine print. He combines big, bold florals with graphic prints of trees and other characters that belong to Mother nature. He is just so innovative. I loved it but before I saw his creations though I had to walk in H&M's to buy myself a dress for that wedding. And guess what I bought? A dress with a floral print and that happened on the same day when I openly stated my disgrace about this summery print. Ah, the world is such a small place. And I was happy with this dress until I saw a great pair of pants in the same shop a few weeks later and a very sweet dress at Zara's. Then the hesitating started. So I kind of want to hear your opinion on this one.
So, this is the dress I bought. And I really love its fabric (satin like) and it's fitting because it's really straight. And also the print of course because it's big and looks a little retro.

Then I saw this dress at Zara's and I like this one because it just looks so sweet. The birds look so romantic and the round black collar is just incredible with the yellow fabric.

After a while I thought why not wearing an amazing pair of pants? And that's how I found these at H&M's. The florals are just big and it looks like an amazing painting. Feminine but not too much if you keep your top simple. Maybe simple see through in white?

As you can see: I'm against overdressing. A great print can create miracles. Of course the shoes and other accessories are important too but I will show you those when I've made a decision (pants or dress?).
Love, Neslihan D.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!