maandag 10 september 2012

Fashionmania Anarchy of Roses


Changing the blog name has been something I've wanted to do for quite some time now. I've been looking out for blog names for a couple of months. There were a few options regarding new names but I picked this one. I guess I was inspired by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. There isn't a deeper meaning to the new name actually. I just thought it sounded cool and that's why I chose to use it. Also, it's time for something else. Fashionmania almost exists for two years (1 year/Weblog, 1 year/Blogger) so I thought it was time to turn tables.
I also wanted to update you about something I did during summer. Simon and I played a virtual fashion game and we called it the 'Dress Off Game'. The rules were simple actually. Each week there was a theme and you had to dress according to this theme and make it yours. We held the games on both our tumblr accounts. The one who had the most likes/reblogs (read 'votes') was the winner of that week. It was a great way to stay creative and look at things in a different way. Enough talking, let's take a look at the outfits.

Week one: Summertime Sadness/Lana Del Rey

This was probably the easiest look out of the three looks we had to create. I always wanted to make a flowercrown, so this was the perfect occasion to do so. Also note my atempt to look Lana Del Rey depressed. I'm wearing vintage shorts, an H&M cardigan, H&M ring and some cheap 'made in China' shoes.

Week two: Rei Kawakubo
Here I'm wearing a self-made skirt, I made from black tule and balck-painted cardboard. I also customised my white shirt by adding some beads on the pocket. I once bought those socks but I've never really had the chance to wear them, so again this was the perfect occasion to do so. I love my cheap jazzy shoes.

Week three: Mean Girls/I want my pink shirt back

This was the hardest theme ever because it's so difficult to make slutty fashionable. And since you can go all the way with 'Mean Girls' I decided to limit the amount of nudity and went for a nerdy school girl outfit. I based this look on the 'And I want my pink shirt back!' quote and added some suspenders and shiny shoes to keep it playful. Note the mean slash arrogant face and glitter nail polish.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Dear,
    I ADORE your fashion sense!
    All those outfit blogs are so extremely boring and always more of the same, but these pictures are different and fantastic! :D
    Congratz!x

    x Yunes

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Omg, this comment truly made my night! Thank you so much! X

      Verwijderen

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!