zondag 6 januari 2013

Osm@n, ur aight

By Neslihan
At some point you have to embrace your contradictory views. You know, as much as I claim to be a simplicity lover, as much as Raf Simons causes me to have wet fashion dreams with his on point designs, I'm also a kitsch lover, embroidery, embellishments and glitters make me go coco! I just love that sense of naive playground fashion. It lightens up my soul and thoughts. So now and then, I try to revive that kind of kindergarten nostalgia by applying poppy pink lipstic or wearing colourful necklaces. Even nail polish can awaken that thoughtless, spontaneous, happy feeling. It's all about daring and going for it. And boy, Osman went for it! He shamelessly combined electric blue with poppy pinks and metalics. Even though I would never wear those two colours together (in some cases not even alone), I deffinitely liked what Osman Yousefzada did. He went for plain shapes and colours and there was even some sense of simplistic designing. So, when he combined my two dearest fashion mottos (KITSCH X SIMPLICITY) I couldn't be more ecstatic. Okay, it is deffinitely not the most innovative or refreshing collection I have posted on this blog but it is pretty and it caused this childlike happiness inside of me. And not everything has to be revolutionarily exciding, right? Somethings can be beautiful. Just brainlessly beautifull. Full stop.


Notes: The pink coat doesn't have the most exquisite tailoring I've ever seen but I think the emphasis lies on the splashing colour combo. I also think the weird splits in the dresses/skirts aren't really practical even though it looks incredibly sexy. But that too depends on who is wearing it. Same goes for the deep cleavages. Also in love, love, love with the salmon pinkish pants on the last picture and that top is just flawless. Digging the fact that the skirts over pants trend is getting a sequel this spring! No bad words about the heart/petal shaped prints!!!
Osm@n himself looked great aswell!
His shoes <3

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!