donderdag 17 januari 2013

I've got a war in my mind

By Neslihan
I thought I still had to give you this tacky yet very idylic screensaver image. I just love how the landscape is also reflected in the lake. It looks so peaceful and calm and it even seems te be spring in this picture. You know, the kind of weather that makes you wanna get out of your shorts and tee and jump in the water with your cute polkadot bikini. 50's romanticism, corny, I know, I know but my soul needs some enlightment and sun as Belgian weather is freezing our thoughts and even feelings. And you can take this quite literally because the kind of coldness we're experiencing in Belgium is the kind of cold that makes you forget about every other thought or feeling and makes you aggressively impatient to reach your often less cold destination. 
The worst thing actually is that I do not have ONE single thing that could keep me warm. Yesterday I realized that my winter wardrobe is the same as my summer wardrobe but with the added pantyhose, scarf and coat of course. As a result I'm freezing (as in -10°C!) my butt off everyday. Need to get a grip and get some thick and cosy jumpers. In the meantime I'm having private concerts in my room and practicing on my Lana Del Rey face. I'm suffering from wintertime sadness and I'm absolutely loving it. Melancholia never felt so good.
This intense vibe is accompanied by a couple of pre fall looks taken from the Proenza Schouler and Alexander McQueen collection. Both very different in colour and material but they've got this deep midnight thrill to it. You know, the kind of night that carries mysteries with itself? Time to reveal those secrets as we take a look at the pictures.
Alexander McQueen
Proenza Schouler

Notes: McQueen reminded me of this Roman, dark, secret cult priests. The cape and the velvet they've used for it, was utterly luxurious. P. Schouler on the other hand used this metalic printed fabric in goldy yellow and petroleum green and I cannot tell you how much in love I am with that dress. I hate those kind of necklines but this dress is so amazing, I'm willing to look past that.


Even though the title refers to 'Ride', this is the one that has been on repeat lately.


1st image found on tumblr
2nd and 3th image from http://vmagazine.com/



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!