zondag 29 april 2012

"Oh em gee, she's fooling around with paint!"

By Neslihan
Hello there crazies,
I felt a little bored yesterday and had the uncontrollable urge to play with paint. It's funny how something stupid can immediately beam you  to a certain phrase in your life. And yes, I'm talking about my years as a 10 or 11-year-old. You know, that period during which you think you know everything but the scariest things still have to come, along with puberty. You're exploring everything, clothing, music and even the internet. Dressing dolls and feeling like Tim Gunn. Oh, the good ol' times. Seeing a couple of pieces on the catwalk also evoked that nostalgic feeling. Christopher kane played with shiny metalics for his last s/s collection and also made some flower collages, which reminded me of my own fashion collages. When we moved to an unparticular middle of nowhere, I felt alone and bored. So, I had to find some kind of way to amuse myself. I started to collect gossip magazines (the only magazines in our house back then) and ripped the last style pages out of it and started to cut and paste images on a white sheet of paper. I'd write titles with coloured glitter pens and one day, those titles became full articles. One page became many and this way, I'd create my own fashion magazine without stupid advertisings. I'd give my magazines names but don't ask me which because the only name I can remember is 'Heirs'. Don't ask me why either. As I became older though, I discovered fashion magazines and started collecting them without ripping pages out of it. Because I knew every edition of Vogue or L'officiel was a holy beacon of inspiration that had cost its creators blood, sweat, tears and uncountable hours of overtime work. You don't start to cut in the bible, do you? One day making childish fashion magazines wasn't enough though, so I had to find some other way to temper my fashion hunger. That way was blogging. I started blogging on netlog and later on facebook. Then on weblog, to eventually start a blog on blogger. That's the little journey I've made so far. Coming back on the pictures below: they're from various collections. I've picked the ones of which I thought they'd be interesting to accompany my writing. Scroll down for more information.


I am so in love with this cute, little clutch. It looks like it's a picture from some biology textbook. Very nostalgia-proof. Christopher Kane (s/s 2012 RTW)
Riccardo Tisci really is one of the last masters of sheer haute couture. His s/s 2012 HC collection for Givenchy was memorable. Certainly the first two dresses. I wouldn't call it spring/summer though because the heavy colours and fabrics scream fall/winter. It were not the clothes though that held my attention. No, this time it were the accessories. What about this amazing nosering?

I thought this was a funny way to tell the person next to you to shut the hell up. Marc by Marc Jacobs

Two rules when buying a bag: 
  1. Big enough to hide my junk.
  2. Aesthetically interesting to look at.
Conclusion: this Lacoste bag has it all.

If I want to be amazed, repulsed or happy I turn to Martin. He knows how to awake those feelings all at once. Those shoes above really remind me of a friend's transparant raincoat from back then. Maison Martin Margiela s/s 2012 RTW

Do you remember yourself painting when you were little. You'd mingle the blues and the reds and the yellows, really thinking those colours went well together. You'd finish your painting and your mum or dad would call it an artwork and hang it on their wall or freezer. Well, that's what Junya Watanabe's model reminded me of. Green painted gummy hair + bitchy face = Junya Watanabe s/s 2012 RTW

3 opmerkingen:

  1. thanks for the visit. Great post, i love how you have combined the writing with the images

    Much Love ♡

    Jess †
    THAT FASHION CULTURE

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ladyyy, cobalt blue suede and gold trimmings???
    um my kind of bag!
    AND repeat yourself all you want I kill for your comments ahahaha thanks as always dear xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. J: Thanks, girl and you're welcome.
    Yeliz S.: What an enthusiastic comment! It just got me cheery. Thanks for that! X

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!