zaterdag 19 mei 2012

Sleepless nights

By Neslihan
So, I'm heading a sleepless night and have all those questions in my head. Some people lose a sense of reality and start to live through their fantasies. They only dream and are afraid of the truth. They hide instead. They hide of the those who might be better or stronger than them. They wish but aren't strong enough to fulfil their own wishes. Too tired of disappointments, too tired of competition, too tired of abandonment. Too tired of everything. And I can see this as I'm still one of those optimistic teenagers. I'm not one of those youngsters who thinks she can change the world. Maybe I'm a tat too realistic for that but that doesn't mean I'm pessimistic about the future or my abilities. It's just that being a 24/7 idealist isn't realistic. And sometimes I wished that I didn't have to work for some things, that they'd just fall into my lap, you know. That I'd wake up one day and realise that I'm travelling for a living. That I'm discovering all those amazing cultures and having the most interesting talks with the locals. That I'm having lunch with Karl Lagerfeld or Frida Kahlo. And that I'm married to Joseph Gordon Levitt or Penn Badgley. You know stuff like that. Dreaming is for free and it's easy. People should do that once in awhile. It makes you happy too. Unless you're dreaming all the time and have lost touch with reality. You can't be in that decadent stage of laziness. You have to get out of your coach and undertake some action because I can't see myself sitting in front of my computer for the rest of my days. I'm not sure what I'm doing right now. Maybe this is a monologue intérieur or some kind of peptalk to myself. I don't know really. I think too much, which isn't a bad thing.

This song is one of the best things that happened to me. Lana Del Rey really is a magician. The lyrics are pure literature. How she discribes reality kind of makes your body float to some higher universe.


Pictures belong to ID's Spring 2012 idssue.
Photoshoot: "Being a princess ain't all it's  cracked up to be"
Model: Marte Mei van Haaster
In love with Jil Sander's paisley prints (second picture) and the Nike trainers. The colour is so sweet! Loved this photoshoot because it has that sporty feel to it. It's still so sensual and edgy. One of my favourite photoshoots of this issue. It's also the first issue I've ever bought.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!