zaterdag 30 juni 2012

The new formality is slightly informal

By Neslihan

I've totally lost count of the fashion shows: cruise, resort, haute couture, prêt à porter and all the others inbetween. That's why I'm not even going to bother to write an extensive 'report' about all those shows, I'm only going to focus on a few of them. And today I'm focusing on Roberto Cavalli's cruise 2013 collection. It's funny actually because Roberto is kind of a tacky designer but he's gaining my love with every collection he creates. (Remember this post?)
I can't tell you enough how much in love I am with printed pants. They have to be bright, outstanding and comfortable to make me wear 'em. Those pants cheer me up in an instant and that's why it's such a joy to wear those. Mister Cavalli however has taken things to the next level. He has created pantsuits in the most divine colours and ab fab (-couldn't help myself-) prints. Instead of wearing white or black pantsuits, why don't you try a printed version for once? I promise you'll love it.
Roberto's pantsuits are inbetween formality and casualness. The cut is sleek and polished but the prints are playful and all over the place. Or you can create a balance by wearing a plain white or one-coloured shirt in the blazer or you can go nuts by combining the pants with other prints. So, the next time you're invited to a wedding or chique get together don't go for a dress but get yourself a crazy pantsuit. You'll be noticed, that's for sure.

 Your pajamas revised

 A girl has to get her daily flower boost

 Not your average black suit

 Feeling all blue

You've got the flare

No blazer involved
 That collar is absolutely amazing

Pleated pants are the next thing
(also spotted at Céline)



P.S. I'm so in love with Stella McCartney's cruise collection. You've got to see the pastel jumpers.
Pictures: vogue.fr

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!