donderdag 5 juli 2012

The blogger has a face

By Neslihan
This blog post is actually a milestone in this blog's history. An outfit post, who thought that would ever happen? You've got all sorts of bloggers, like I've ever said. Some are great with tutorials, others are amazing style icons, some others try to talk about the things that keep 'em busy in this industry and I guess I belong to the last group since I suck at make-up and hair and since I don't like to take a lot of pictures of myself. This is not the "I'm so insecure about the way I look" teenager blog post, it's just that I'm not so photogenic and that's fine. I've accepted that fact years ago. 
My style is quite simple because comfort is key. I like bright colours and floral prints, like mentioned in every blog post. And I do not wear heels that often. I'm more of a flats person. The shoes I'm wearing in this blog post are creepers from Doctor Martens (seen here). I fell in love with them just like that. Loving the burgundy colour but they are quite heavy. The first time I wore them, I had to find my balance. I am not kidding you. Anyway this outfit turned out to be more hipster than I wanted it to look like but I couldn't help it. I just put together the things I liked the most and this is the result. I'm more impulsive when it comes to putting my outfits together. It totally depends on the mood I'm having. I'd used to put my outfit together the night before but I've stopped doing so since I became too lazy.
It's such a funny outfit post because that day was rather hot (24°C) and muggy and I wore pants and a jeans shirt. I obviously didn't know what I was thinking. For those of you asking, yes, I've sweat my ass off that day. Nothing actually says summer in this outfit besides Vogue Nederland's July/August edition. I adored the cover when I saw it. So feminine, sexy and summery but I was disappointed with the content. Only the 'Riches of the Reef' photoshoot was satisfactory. I pretty much liked the roughness of that shoot. I could've adored the 'Jouer à la plage' shoot but I simply did not get the 'let's wear a bra and undies underneath our bikinis' concept. I also thought that the 'Is nature my only way' shoot was nice but we get the hazy effect thing in three pictures, you don't need to make a whole photoshoot based on cloudy, yellow'ish effects. 

P.S. thank you mum for taking those pictures

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!