maandag 16 juli 2012

Et Gaultier créa la femme/ Looking back

By Neslihan
A while ago I blogged about this exhibition (not on this blog) called 'Devout/Divine: Fashion vs. Religion' in Modemuseum Hasselt. And I've still not gotten over the fact that I haven't visited this expo. *Sad face* It was the ultimate chance to see what the impact of religion is/was on fashion. Crucifixes, headscarves, mysterious traditional clothing belonging to central African tribes: it was all there to see and 'secretly' touch. Lanvin, Jean Paul Gaultier, Dries van Noten, you name it, they had it. It still hurts to write this down.
Since the internet is a place with a billion hidden treasures and since I'm quite anachronistic when it comes to fashion I decided to take a look at Jean Paul Gaultier's 2007 spring/summer couture show. I know as a blogger you're supposed to be innovating and you shouldn't look back. It's all about being on track and being the first who shares the news but screw that.
I can imagine the amount of stress fashion people (primarily designers) are experiencing when designing-sometimes- up to FOUR collections in a year. Bashing themselves to please Anna W. or Emanuelle A., don't get me wrong I'm not trying to denigrate the industry because I respect the artist, who works in this industry.
Doesn't it sound totally contradictional to use 'artist' and 'industry' in the same sentence? So many feelings, so many mixed feelings when I'm talking about (the) fashion(industry). It always comes down to this: it's not the materialistic value of fashion that I'm interested in but the emotional part intrigues me. And that's why I've chosen to blog about the 2007 collection of Gaultier, the one and only French enfant terrible of fashion with the biggest 'I don't give a f*ck' attitude. Sit back and enjoy monsieur Gaultier's religious delights.





NOTE: I am so in love with the little tears and all the halo'ish crowns. Oh, and Dita von Teese looks gorgeous!
Pictures: Vogue Paris

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!