dinsdag 27 maart 2012

"Florals? For spring? Ground breaking. "

By Neslihan
Hello there beloved reader,
There hasn't been a blog post for seven days and spring is already in our little country (read Belgium). So, welcome, welcome, welcome dear Spring! And yes, the capital was needed. People wearing dresses and sandals, ain't those things the best part about good weather? I already love it! So, wake your spring/summer closet up from its winter sleep and go nuts with colours, prints and fabrics. As for myself: I still have to find some summery shoes to wear but then again, Doc. Martens don't have a specific season, so why the hell would I bother? Enough about my 'personal issues' let's get on track.
Those of you who really follow this blog might already have noticed that I'm a major sucker for florals. And it's not a shock to tell you that it will be the trend of the season. It won't be the farm girl version though, we'll go for bold prints and even digitalised florals are huge this spring/summer. Make sure you go over the top with it and look like a life size painting. What really was a surprise though was Givenchy's s/s collection for the dudes. I mean it's common knowledge that boys just do not like flowers. Wait, I'm creating stereotypes. I should say the boys I know don't. So Riccardo Tisci pretty much knocked my socks off with his last male colection. He came up with the idea of creating a print that was inspired by (carnivorous) plants. He kept the colours simple though. Tisci used crisp white, mint green (wanna have) and khaki. He found the perfect balance between laid backness and elegance by working with layers. Riccardo chose also a couple of minimalistic outfits but worked with a lot of different lengths and fits. I can imagine that his printed blazers and caps will be spotted in the streets this season. What an amazing collection!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. BEST TITLE EVER!!!!!!!!
    hun I'm so sorry I swear I thought I had already clicked to follow, and I still can't get over your sweetest comment. Can't thank you enough dearest! Xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Great floral prints, really want a t-shirt from that collection!

    www.beautyfollower.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!