zaterdag 10 maart 2012

"Oh Lord, not another Marni report!"

By Neslihan
Most beloved fashion lover,
It has again been a crazy busy week. Books I have to read, reports I have to write, people I want to see, exhibitions I want to go to, clothes I want to have, a blog I have to update and the endless dilemma concering my hair. Since I can only do one thing at once, I'll start with updating this blog.Let's start with 8 March. No, no I'm not going to nag about International Women's Day (why do we have such a day in the first place?-sorry I couldn't help it) but about that other event that took place on the same date. Does Consuelo Castiglioni ring a bell? For those of you who haven't heard the fashion bells ringing: Marni for H&M, god damn it! So I too was one of the early birds who stood in a queue full of jumpy, greedy women. I wasn't alone, I went with a friend. We actually skipped school thinking well, this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity. We got up very early (read: 05:30h) and stood one and a half hour in this queque until we got our bands. Then another two hours waiting during which my energy level was below zero. It was 09:55 A.M. the moment I had waited for for like several weeks. We got in the store and stood in another queue amongst sweaty ladies. #bodyfluidsaresonotfashion. The fences opened and we attacked the Marni Collection with such an outrageous aggression. People watching us might've thought they were in a freaking zoo.My friend and I even got photographed. We went there with hopes and dreams. I wanted to have the amazing, gold jacquard pants ant that white sequined collar. What I got: the white sequined collar. The store in Ghent didn't have the jacquard pants. I was a little disappointed because I really loved the pants but the experience was nice too. What really turned me off were the women who just grabbed the boxes with accessories without even looking at what they had grabbed. They just took it because it was branded 'Marni'. "Oh God, look what I've bought. It's Marni but I don't really like my buy. It's just the brand that counts."  People like that shouldn't even get the chance to enter the store. Afghzstrph. Anyway this is what I bought, wanted and loved. (below)
What I wanted.
What I liked.
What my friend bought.
What I bought.


Have a splendid weekend. Love.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I really wanted to buy the silver sandals. Perfect for summer. But obviously, I came too late !!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. I know what you're feeling. Why don't they make more items? 10 items extra wouldn't hurt no one. I know it's all about exclusivity but still.

      Verwijderen
  2. I'm in love with that collar!
    http://www.fashionbreed.org

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!