dinsdag 13 maart 2012

I wanna do bad things to you

By Neslihan 
Hi there loyal reader,
Some of you might've noticed the blog's theme has changed. It has become more us in a way. The skull is designed by Ali Gulec, a Turkish illustrator/designer, who's based in Istanbul. He hasn't designed this specially for us. God, no. We'd feel really honored though but unfortunately that's not the case. I'm following this blog on tumblr. and get really inspired by the owner behind it. He/she posts some really amazing artworks and that's how I bumped into this cool illustration. So, Ali Gulec also creates prints for T-shirts and has something with skulls. I love the way he changes the true symbol of death, which is rather macabre, into a sweet, dreamy and vivid image of life. You should definitely visit this site to see more of his artworks. The second thing I wanted to share was Piece Of Chic. Piece of WHAT? Well, calm down honey, I'm about to explain. Piece Of Chic is a brand founded by the duo Barbara Repole and Sebastien Pescarello. They are graphic designers and each season they create a collection consisting of a couple dresses. The dresses are designed according to a certain theme. This collection was all about the Virgin Mary, florals, skeletons and...that's right, skulls! The collection is named after an AC/DC song, Highway To Hell, saying that there is no such thing as death but only a change of style. They reinvent R.I.P. by saying it's an acronym for Rest In Piece Of Chic. I loved the first dress when I had seen it on Belmodo, a Belgian Fashion blog. So I want to thank guest editor, Absolutely Mrs. K, for the eye candy. Enjoy the dresses and have a crazy week.
Love.


Info at http://www.bypieceofchic.com/ 


By Ali Gulec (previous background)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opinions, suggestions or questions: don't hesitate and react!